My Wish List
In just over two weeks, I'm going to get older. In the spirit of giving bored geeks something to do, instead of saying how old I'll be, here's the math:
Take 0.0692758279 away from pi, and raise it to the power of 3.
Now, depending on the accuracy of pi, you might get figures that are a little off, but according to Google calculator, this is exactly right :)
Anyway, I thought I'd post my list of wanted presents, because a) it's huge, and b) it saves me having to tell all the members of my family what I want. Well, I really only need to tell one sister, and my parents. My other sister gave me my present early - the last Dark Tower book. Already finished it. Loved it. thanks Jen!
- A DVD burner. Needs to be fast(what are they up to, 8 or 16 speed now?) and dual layer, for surely the dual layer media is going to appear in the shops soon, right? Maybe it already has, I don't know :) This is actually getting to become quite a necessity, what with all the VS2K5 CTPs and stuff :)
- A new monitor. I run dual monitor at home (I wish i could at work!) but the second monitor is a crappy 15 incher that is burning out and seems to have a preference for tinting everything red. A new 17 inch CRT would be great. A 17 inch LCD would be better, but me thinks I'm pushing the boundaries.
- The Necroscope series by Brian Lumley is a fantastic read, and I need to finish my collection. I still need to get Defilers and Avengers. I also need the short story collection, Harry Keogh: Necroscope and Other Heroes.
- I also need to finish off my Shannara collection, by Terry Brooks. I need The First King of Shannara, as well as books two and three from the Voyage of the Jerle Shannara series. And then there's the entire High Druid of Shannara series :)
- More RAM is always good. A 512 meg DDR 400 stick will never go astray (and probably make a big difference with testing Team System at home too :)
- Ben Elton has a new(ish) book out that I need to get too - Past Mortem. I also need a copy of one of his older ones, Gridlock.
Eh, that's about it actually. See, not that huge :) Besides the obligatory socks and jocks, I'm a computer geek that reads a lot.